Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Electrical Run to Shed

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

Been lurking around for a while and soaking up all the info that's available on this website. It truly is a wealth of information!

Bit of background. My partner and I have just purchased 10 acres just out of Bendigo VIC and are going to be building in the next 18 months or so. The block currently has a double garage installed on a concrete slab on the corner of pre-existing building envelope. There are no services currently to the envelope (water and gas not available).

My question is, there is power to a pit in the corner of the block (about 200m from the envelope). I'm happy to dig the trench for the sparky to run-in the cable, but until we build a house, I'm wondering whether there's any reason we can't run the main cable to the shed and install the power meter on the shed? And then when the house is built, dig a short trench to the house and install a main circuit board where the power meter would otherwise be? My reasoning is so that we can have power to the shed until the house is built there?

Cheers!
Related
20/11/2023
Brick Elevator truck hit and run

General Discussion

you did, but you didnt identify the smear/logo

23/03/2024
Fridge Freezer not working after trying to run on Generator

Kitchen Appliances

I had a similar issue with my fridge not too long ago. It wasn't the same model, but the symptoms were pretty much the same: the compressor would start and then stop…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum