Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Mega Homes Disappeared

Page 1 of 3
Hi, I am building house with Mega Homes and they just disappeared. They are not working on site for long time. They not replying to any emails or phone calls.
Their office in Williamstown and website closed!!!!
Does anyone facing same issue????? Any other victim out there?
If anyone had same issue, please advise what can be done!!!

Mega homes I think had some ownership in part of national builders group,whom left Millions of unpaid bills before closing,they might have also taken over unfinished homes from water sun homes,yet another builder who left 100s of homes unfinished before closing,would never have gone near them,you need to quickly get legal advice, doesn't sound good,best of luck.

Joker
Mega homes I think had some ownership in part of national builders group,whom left Millions of unpaid bills before closing,they might have also taken over unfinished homes from water sun homes,yet another builder who left 100s of homes unfinished before closing,would never have gone near them,you need to quickly get legal advice, doesn't sound good,best of luck.

Thanks for your reply...
I think I need some legal help now
I see that people are talking on internet that #Mega homes might gone #bankrupt, #insolvent or in #liquidation. No one is sure as Mega homes is not talking to anyone.
https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/MEGA-HOMES-PTY-LTD-063797473/2e833c6f-cb25-4a5b-a1e4-e2f22e18d94c
Forum member bashworth has a fantastic blog that has a lot of information about numerous subjects as well as having some very good Ebooks for sale. The link below takes you to information about what to do in your situation.

http://anewhouse.com.au/category/contra ... ankruptcy/

Thanks for info.
Western13
Hi, I am building house with Mega Homes and they just disappeared. They are not working on site for long time. They not replying to any emails or phone calls.

We where contacted by VM Builders to sign the Novation to transfer the build to them, this is legitimate and has been approved by the VMIA. we signed Monday and work started on Wednesday.
The notice to wind up the company posted on Asic website was rescinded once it had been noticed. Long story.

Quick truths.. Wally Mega sold the company 3 years ago to his son in law Paul Ruzeu and Jonathon Wang. They had issues. Paul who held the building licence left the company, no licence no building. Hence the work stopped on all builds on March 1st.

Wally Mega started a smaller company VM Builders after selling Mega Homes, to do smaller volume builds.

He still had assets tied up with Mega homes.

If Mega Homes go into liquidation those assets will be lost, therefore an arrangement has been made with VMIA approval or VM Builders to complete all outstanding contracts held by Mega Homes.

Once these contracts are completed Mega Homes will fold allowing Wally to sell his assets.

This is the best outcome for everyone involved and suggest it is in the best interest of anyone still waiting for completion of their home to sign the Novation.
If you are uncertain contact Ninedots

http://www.ninedots.com.au/

We have employed them to manage the remainder of our build.

A small cost for peace of mind !
Siahwaninn10
Western13

We where contacted by VM Builders to sign the Novation to transfer the build to them, this is legitimate and has been approved by the VMIA. we signed Monday and work started on Wednesday.
The notice to wind up the company posted on Asic website was rescinded once it had been noticed. Long story.

Quick truths.. Wally Mega sold the company 3 years ago to his son in law Paul Ruzeu and Jonathon Wang. They had issues. Paul who held the building licence left the company, no licence no building. Hence the work stopped on all builds on March 1st.

Wally Mega started a smaller company VM Builders after selling Mega Homes, to do smaller volume builds.

If Mega Homes go into liquidation those assets will be lost, therefore an arrangement has been made with VMIA approval or VM Builders to complete all outstanding contracts held by Mega Homes.

Once these contracts are completed Mega Homes will fold allowing Wally to sell his assets.

This is the best outcome for everyone involved and suggest it is in the best interest of anyone still waiting for completion of their home to sign the Novation.

Thanks for your reply. But I do not understand how they started work in 2 days? VMIA need to update insurance policy for VM Builder. Building surveyor needs to issue new permit for new builder (Or updated permit). I doubt that VMIA will update it in 2 days. Without insurance policy they cannot step in to site. Even VM and MH advised me the whole process will take week or two.

And I am not discussing other process yet they must go through before start work on site.

Also, I am struggling to understand clause 4,5 & some of 6. But number 4 & 5 bothers me. If you know it, please share your thoughts.
Siahwaninn10
Western13

Thanks for your reply. But I do not understand how they started work in 2 days? VMIA need to update insurance policy for VM Builder. Building surveyor needs to issue new permit for new builder (Or updated permit). I doubt that VMIA will update it in 2 days. Without insurance policy they cannot step in to site. Even VM and MH advised me the whole process will take week or two.

And I am not discussing other process yet they must go through before start work on site.

Also, I am struggling to understand clause 4,5 & some of 6. But number 4 & 5 bothers me. If you know it, please share your thoughts.
Western13
Siahwaninn10
Western13

The VMIA have given approval for work to commence whilst the documentation is being processed, normally this would take 2 -3 weeks, but they understand that people have been delayed enough. The surveyor was on site Tuesday and permit was issued immediately after.

I understand your concerns , but this is all legitimate and legal.

As I mentioned if you have doubts give Rebecca from Ninedots a call, she is very helpful, advised us through the Watersuns issue and contacted us when this issue with Mega Homes arose.

I am not sure at what stage your build is, but I am sure things will progress quickly once you submit the Novation.
Siahwaninn10
Western13

The Wind Up notice wasn't rescinded at all. Word is the company is trading insolvent, best to just wait and see what happens before signing with a new builder especially one linked with this mess.
lovelyoldsole
Siahwaninn10
Western13

The Wind Up notice wasn't rescinded at all. Word is the company is trading insolvent, best to just wait and see what happens before signing with a new builder especially one linked with this mess.

Well the notice is no longer on Asic site that I can find.

I have already signed the Novation and work is progressing well on my property.

They expect it to be move in ready by the end of the month.

If people want to sit around for months waiting, that is their choice, but I have had nothing but positive results since Wally Mega stepped in.

Obviously had concerns, hence employing Ninedots to manage the completion of the build

You are only going on "The word" maybe do some due diligence and get the facts!
Been removed
Would never have touched mega homes,too much connections to this sort of wrong doing before.

[quote="Western13":1xdky6fr][quote="Siahwaninn10":1xdky6fr][quote="Western13":1xdky6fr]Hi, I am building house with Mega Homes and they just disappeared. They are not working on site for long time. They not replying to any emails or phone calls.

[img:1xdky6fr]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/1_1553491168.JPG[/img:1xdky6fr]

[img:1xdky6fr]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/1_1553491463.jpg[/img:1xdky6fr]

[url=http://www.ninedots.com.au/:1xdky6fr]http://www.ninedots.com.au/[/url:1xdky6fr]

A small cost for peace of mind ![/quote:1xdky6fr]
[/quote:1xdky6fr]

Also, I am struggling to understand clause 4,5 & some of 6. But number 4 & 5 bothers me. If you know it, please share your thoughts.[/quote:1xdky6fr]

A small cost for peace of mind ![/quote]
[/quote]
The Wind Up notice wasn't rescinded at all. Word is the company is trading insolvent, best to just wait and see what happens before signing with a new builder especially one linked with this mess.[/quote]

If people want to sit around for months waiting, that is their choice, but I have had nothing but positive results since Wally Mega stepped in.

Obviously had concerns, hence employing Ninedots to manage the completion of the build

You are only going on "The word" maybe do some due diligence and get the facts![/quote]

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/b ... f22e18d94c

Click the link I posted earlier, it’s still there alright. Come the 17th of April I am not certain Mega Homes will be there anymore.
[quote="lovelyoldsole":xnb44vd1]We have employed them to manage the remainder of our build.

A small cost for peace of mind ![/quote:xnb44vd1]
[/quote]
The Wind Up notice wasn't rescinded at all. Word is the company is trading insolvent, best to just wait and see what happens before signing with a new builder especially one linked with this mess.[/quote]

You are only going on "The word" maybe do some due diligence and get the facts![/quote]

Click the link I posted earlier, it’s still there alright. Come the 17th of April I am not certain Mega Homes will be there anymore.[/quote]
lovelyoldsole

[/quote]

Click the link I posted earlier, it’s still there alright. Come the 17th of April I am not certain Mega Homes will be there anymore.[/quote]

Work is continuing nicely at my property and we expect to be in by the middle of May, so If people want to take other advice their loss.

Mega Homes will be there until the existing contracts are signed over, then who knows.
Mr g
The mega transfer of jobs has been approved by the vmia this is correct but the transfer is now being investigated by ASIC and other government bodies as Wally mega has a finger in the mega. This is all a scam between Wally and son in law Paul. Staff, trades and suppliers of mega stand to get nothing. The vmia have been made aware of the allegation leveled against mega and Wally bit they simply do not care. Understand people are being forced to sign up with VM as Paul and Wally's personal assets secure the insurance with the vmia. If client sign with Vm then Paul and Wally stand to lose personally. Wally started the whole financially trouble with Mega before he sold it to the new owners. If mega winds up Wally's builders licence is a also could be teared up by the VBA so thos who sign up with Vm maybe in the same spot of finding another builder in a months time.

My build is progressing well, as I said I signed the Novation on the Monday and work started Wednesday. Fixing is complete painters will be done by end of this week.

Electricians have been in and cut down light holes.

Tiler is booked in for Monday.

So believe what you wish, I have a company managing the build and they have done all the due diligence necessary on checking out what has been arranged.
We expect the build to be move in ready by the end of the month, but expect snagging issues to take a further week or so.
[quote="Siahwaninn10":2jzfjaaz][quote="Mr g":2jzfjaaz]The mega transfer of jobs has been approved by the vmia this is correct but the transfer is now being investigated by ASIC and other government bodies as Wally mega has a finger in the mega. This is all a scam between Wally and son in law Paul. Staff, trades and suppliers of mega stand to get nothing. The vmia have been made aware of the allegation leveled against mega and Wally bit they simply do not care. Understand people are being forced to sign up with VM as Paul and Wally's personal assets secure the insurance with the vmia. If client sign with Vm then Paul and Wally stand to lose personally. Wally started the whole financially trouble with Mega before he sold it to the new owners. If mega winds up Wally's builders licence is a also could be teared up by the VBA so thos who sign up with Vm maybe in the same spot of finding another builder in a months time.[/quote:2jzfjaaz]
My build is progressing well, as I said I signed the Novation on the Monday and work started Wednesday. Fixing is complete painters will be done by end of this week.

Electricians have been in and cut down light holes.

Tiler is booked in for Monday.

So believe what you wish, I have a company managing the build and they have done all the due diligence necessary on checking out what has been arranged.
We expect the build to be move in ready by the end of the month, but expect snagging issues to take a further week or so.[/quote:2jzfjaaz]
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum