Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Burst sewer pipe

Page 1 of 1
One of my friend bought a house that was only 1 block away from the local school last year. They love the location very much. Only problem is, under the ground there are 3 sewer pipe running across (main one about 1/3 east) of the land and join together in almost the middle of the back yard. I told them don't buy it
but they won't listen.

Just received a urgent call from them about half an hour ago, for some unknown reason, the area where the pipes join together in their back yard burst and ......it's a horrible scene...

Definitely don't want to be on site, so I provided them the contact for their council, Sydney water and a few companies from Internet who provides 24 hours emergency sewer pipe service....

So any of you having a sewer pipes joint in your land, be aware of this awful situation...
Gosh that's horrible! I can't imagine the stink
Thats on thing I like when doing my extensions recently I found out there is no sewage joint on my property
My sewage runs to the middle of the next door neighbours yard then into the main system.

On the flip side I remember as a kid moving into a country house with a sewage tank
that had leaked between residences and was over flowing God you could smell it for months after it was fixed.
Related
29/01/2024
Building over sewer pipe in Queensland

Building A New House

I think you are getting different numbers because they all just based them on "other jobs" even though each job is unique. Often, with builders, unless you're speaking to…

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

18/08/2023
Sewer Inspection Point

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi, I have this sewer inspection point sitting in an odd spot in the rear of my yard: https://imgur.com/ghLI98q What I'd like to do is put a firepit in that corner of…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum