Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Waterproofing semi submerged limestone garage walls

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum.
I currently have a separate double garage with a concrete floor, limestone walls with brick on top which is semi submerged, as can be seen in the pictures.
What I want to do is convert at least one side of the garage into a clean workshop space with a timber floor and timber paneled walls, including replacing one of the roller doors with a wall and window. So basically building a timber room within the garage space.
My problem is the damp/water seeping through the limestone walls as they are below the ground level and are very crumbly. So the garage is always damp and sandy.
I've had a structural engineer check it over and they said it was structurally sound.

How would I go about waterproofing the space? Would the garage need to be waterproofed or just the timber room within the space.

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers::praying::
Wow ! You may well have to dig down outside and water-proof membrane. Then an ag drain as well.

Floor doesn't look that good either.
Related
4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

19/09/2023
Waterproofing NSW

Bathrooms and Laundry

I have researched this topic in detail recently but for another state which has no licensing requirements at all so any handy man can waterproof any old way and not have…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum