Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Shipping Container Engineering

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know/recommend any engineers that deal with shipping containers in the Brissy/Jimboomba area.
We are trying to put 2 down on my block with a podroof for storage before moving into the next part of our build.

We have rung the local council and they just gave us a pdf guidelines for approval, which is pretty much Certifier --- > BA/DA but the certifier requires a engineering report on the condition of the container and its suitability for the podroof.
Both containers are coming from a work site and are in good condition/have had resprayed with no rust,

If anyone has got an engineering report on shipping containers before any recommendations would be appreciated

Thanks
BooY
The rules have been simplified your design/build will either conform with the NCC and be compliant or require certification by an engineer for NON-Compliance. AFAIK there are no Engineering reports floating around on Shipping Containers
Goodluck
Related
16/08/2023
Container house Build - Queensland

Building A New House

Did you ask the Architect

4/08/2023
Floor Joist direction given by Structural Engineering

Owner Builder Forum

Assuming you've modelled the TB8, TB10, TB12, TB2 & J1 joists/LVLs there, it appears as per drawing to me. There maybe should be an additional J1 between TB10 and T12 if…

14/08/2023
Concerns about strengh of Engineering Floor Joists

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks for all replies. I just noticed now the pictures I added to post right on top of page were wrong. I attached pictures showing "current" and my "suggested" floor…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum