Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Retaining and existing fence removal - SA

Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone!

We are about to build on a block that has established neighbours with existing fences.

Our estate was supposed to be fully retained, however my block missed out when developers changed.

We have neighbours all around, with 4 on one boundary alone. They have all constructed fences on our boundary, but now i have to retain this due to the slope of our block and because it has not been completed by the developer.

I will be paying all costs for the retaining to take place, including removal and re-installation of all fences.

I have given notice to my neighbours and they are all whining and complaining because they hve ‘garden beds’ etc etc that i am going to now disrupt.

Amongst numerous other complaints, one neighbour was distressed that the new metal frames would now fade at a different rate compared to his other fence, ‘because it will be 12 months older’.

I am being as diplomatic as possible and will be providing temporary fencing whilst the existing fence is down.

I am a tad annoyed because they knew that a retaining wall would be required and still dropped a fence on the boundary and put their garden beds in.

As you can imagine, they are being difficult, but the retaining has to be done... and as i am not asking for a cent, i thought they would be a bit more understanding of the situation (seeing they are partly responsible for it).

Basically, i need to get this done. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bump

Related
2/02/2024
Gap between fence and retaining wall - unsafe space

Landscape & Garden Design

get some pool noodles and then bark mulch over the top

7/04/2024
Modularwalls fence / retaining function & water leakage

General Discussion

I agree with Althom but there also may be a problem with the terra cotta stormwater pipe discharging water in that areas as well. You can just see the top of the pipe at…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum