Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Metricon - Building process and timelines?

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

my husband and I have signed up with Metricon to build! We have signed contracts, finalised our internal selections and are ready to roll.
We are expecting to receive our CDC approval this Friday (yay).

Can anyone tell me from here, how long until you are on site? All I have been advised by our CSC is that once we receive approval, final drawings will be completed, then our plans will be handed over to the construction team - but we have been given no information on how long that process may take.
Our finance is ready to go, we just need to final updated tender and drawings so the mortgage broker can sign off and be done an dusted.

Can anyone tell me if we are being crazy to think we may be on site by mid June?

Also, for a 28sq house, what is the rough build time? Metricon will not advise us of this either at the moment - super annoying!!

Any info would be great.

Thanks!!!
Hi Our CSC informed us from contract being signed off it can take up to 6 weeks. Council etc...
So hopefully admin stage doesn't lead to any delays.
In the main Metricon thread, you'll find people are experiencing this right now, you can experience delays in admin, developers or council stages.
Hopefully in your case this doesn't happen
Best of luck with your journey and wishing you a hassle free one

viewtopic.php?t=79203
@Emmz70 if no delays, what would u expect the time frame to be between CDC approval, final drawing, to getting handed over to the construction team?
Would a week for final drawings to be completed be enough?
Orlando28
@Emmz70 if no delays, what would u expect the time frame to be between CDC approval, final drawing, to getting handed over to the construction team?
Would a week for final drawings to be completed be enough?

Hi Orlando.
Where are you located? NSW?
We are Melbourne.
Depends on council and developer requirements. Each state is different. Depends on how long they process paperwork. Any issues they find will come back and then delays will occur.
That's why M can't give an accurate timeframe only estimates. As for us we were told could be up to 6-8 weeks.
Before it gets to construction team.
Pays to touch base with your CSC because each case is different
We are in NSW. We don't have to worry about developer requirements or anything like that, only required approval from private certifier, and that should come through this Friday or next Monday.
I've been asking our CSC but not getting anywhere just keep getting palmed off a little.

Was 6-8 week from contract signing or council approval?
Orlando28
We are in NSW. We don't have to worry about developer requirements or anything like that, only required approval from private certifier, and that should come through this Friday or next Monday.
I've been asking our CSC but not getting anywhere just keep getting palmed off a little.

Was 6-8 week from contract signing or council approval?

Contract signing, 6 weeks council is part of this. Estimate only could be sooner.
I hear you on CSC not responding
been happening a lot lately.
Pretty much depends on how long council process paperwork is when it gets handed over to construction.
Best of luck! Hopefully you get started June
Thanks Emmz70
Hi,

Make sure you hire a good building inspector who will work for you.
Hi everyone
I am looking at buildings in Wollonging, NSW and looking at Metricon as an option? Has anyone build with them recently and would anyone recommend them, Thanks
Related
29/08/2023
Landscape construction drawings and process

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks very much! And would the landscaper/contractor generally involve the engineer or is that something the client would do? Thanks for your help

20/03/2024
Experience with HBCF insurance claim process NSW

Building A New House

I apologise for any confusion, but your understanding is correct. We approached our situation differently based on advice from…

29/01/2024
Anyone know the process to stain axon cladding

Building A New House

The most definitive answer to your question James is this taken from the James Hardie Axon Cladding Installation Guide - i just happen to have it…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum