Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

reliable handyman and roof restoration

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I am new to this forum. we have recently purchased a new home in western Sydney. We were planning to get the solar panels so before that we thought we would do roof restoration. we hired a handyman who did half the job and now is not responding. we already paid him a fair amount of deposit? What should we do now?

We also have few other small jobs like repairing leaking pergola, removing old window ac and do the bricklayering, minor guttering issues...is there any reliable and affordable handyman to fix all this?
katie1975
Hello,

I am new to this forum. we have recently purchased a new home in western Sydney. We were planning to get the solar panels so before that we thought we would do roof restoration. we hired a handyman who did half the job and now is not responding. we already paid him a fair amount of deposit? What should we do now?

We also have few other small jobs like repairing leaking pergola, removing old window ac and do the bricklayering, minor guttering issues...is there any reliable and affordable handyman to fix all this?

Not sure how you got him - but this is not a single case ...
It can be trial and error - unless you hear about him - ie word of mouth is good way.

Ask around - check with your local church - if a member - or groups such as Lions, Rotary etc. Keep your eyes open - if you see one - ask the owners what they think. Ask your neighbours etc.

Some of those franchise groups are fairly reputable - eg "Jim's".
Related
29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

26/06/2023
Restoration of old cupboard

General Discussion

Hi I bought an old cupboard that is in desperate need of some TLC. I was seeking some advice as to the best product to use to give it an oil but also bring it to life a…

4/10/2023
Roof and Garage color

Building A New House

I would probably definitely consider contrasting out garage door (e.g. light ash would look great) and make downpipes and fascia same colour as your walls, not as your…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum