Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Experience with Plyboard Timber Cladding

Page 1 of 1
My wife and I are in the early stages of planning a owner- build of a two story metal-framed, timber/ripple iron-clad contemporary Queenslander home in the (very) wet tropics in FNQ. We have extensive renovation of Qlder experience but are not tradies - rather pretty good amateurs especially in hardwood.
We were going to use traditional hard wood weather boards with some ripple iron inserts for the exterior cladding, but a designer suggested we should explore some of the higher end ply cladding systems now available.
The home will be in a 1000 square metre clearing in 50 year old rainforest regrowth with annual rainfall of more than 2.5 metres. All walls will be covered by either 2.4m verandah roof or 1.2 metre eaves overhang.
Would love anyone with external ply experience to educate us on the material.
Thanks for reading.
If the designer suggested it why haven't they supplied you links to these products?
I have also never heard of ripple iron inserts. What are those ???

Stewie
Related
6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

6/10/2023
Bick tiles on cement sheet - exterior wall cladding

General Discussion

Hi, Currently building, we are on a sloping block so we have from floor level to the roof in axon cladding. Below floor level to the ground I want to put brick facings /…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum