Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Painting pine-lined ceiling with beams

Page 1 of 1
Hi all.
We would like to paint the ceiling in our coastal-themed home white. It is pine-lined with beams all the way through.
Has anyone else done this before? We are on a budget. Is spraying the ceiling an option or is there more work involved in this type of project?
Thanks Oliver
if it is pine lined, it is probably coated in a varnish. This will cause adhesion problems, so a light sand and a coat of acrylic primer would be a good idea before attacking it with top coat. for this particular ceiling avoid ceiling white, it will breath a bit much and possibly let moisture break down the coating because of its inability to disperse through the pine. for this reason use a higher quality top coat.
All in all probably the easiest thing would be an exterior self priming low sheen acrylic, which negates the need for a primer!
Thanks rebuilder. Good advice!
Related
7/04/2024
Cathedral Ceiling, exposed beams. Insulate Kingspan plaster?

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Our 6m high Cathedral ceiling has 0 insulation, just plaster, wrap and tiles as far as I can tell. Wife likes the exposed beams, I hate the $600 per month heating bill,…

16/07/2023
Elevated House - can these horizontal beams be removed?

General Discussion

yes they don’t hold up the house

21/01/2024
rust on house I Beams

General Discussion

THanks , l got a licensed building inspector to look at the rust, he said its just surface rust and it would take many years to become a problem because the beams are so…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum