Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

What is this pipe used for?

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys
I'm a newcomer to building and lack of the general knowledge, but I want to learn more about it.

Last week I walked around and found someone's path blocked by a pipe.

Do anybody know what is this pipe used for?
Looks like an ORG - overflow relief gully, in case of a blocked sewer, the effluent will flow out this pipe rather than inside the house.
Either an ORG (see http://www.anewhouse.com.au/2013/08/ove ... ef-gulley/) or a boundary trap.
Thank you Adriang and bashworth!
Very helpful answers to me
Agree with the answers but it is a stupid place to have it. One dark night......
ORG can be cut off to ground level. Just can't have surface water running into it.
Is it an org or a swg?
hi SaveH20.. its me shami. kindly pm me thanks
mgilla
ORG can be cut off to ground level. Just can't have surface water running into it.

No it can't.

The regulations state 75 mm above ground level or 50 mm above paving.
SaveH2O
mgilla

No it can't.

I suppose that depends on what state you are in.
mgilla
SaveH2O
mgilla

No it can't.

I suppose that depends on what state you are in.

A bit late seeing the above but I will answer it anyway.

On May 1 2011, the Plumbing Code of Australia (PCA) was introduced into the National Construction Code (NCC) as volume 3.
strange ! don't know what it is !
Related
23/07/2023
Fixing cracked stormwater PVC pipe

General Discussion

Plumbers 'can be' plumbers, made all the worse by self certification which the building surveyor invariably accepts as proof of compliance! The good thing is that you know know.

29/01/2024
Building over sewer pipe in Queensland

Building A New House

I think you are getting different numbers because they all just based them on "other jobs" even though each job is unique. Often, with builders, unless you're speaking to…

27/02/2024
Re-routing hot water copper pipe

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We have a hot water copper pipe that runs from our hot water unit on one side of our house under a concrete slab to our bathroom and laundry...old house so not ideal. The…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum