Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Work Cover NSW

Page 1 of 1
I intend to give WorkCover a call in the morning but thought someone on here may have some experience they can share.

Question - Do the labourers that our builder brings on site to our renovation (NSW) all need to have a Construction Induction Training card??? This is what I have found on their website. Our builder is now bringing along his dad to help out (or something) and im just wondering if just anybody is allowed to be labouring??

Also, when sheeting the roof etc... is the builder required to have any guards or safety rails around the roof (single storey home). He has already done the roof but it has been defected by building inspector (pitched into old roof incorrectly and sheets with holes and scratches) so will basically have to do it again!!! I have concerns as one of his labourers when working on the roof on a really hot day got heatstroke and really sick (could have ended badly!). Now that the roof has to be worked on again I thought it was worth asking about.

Thanks
In a word yes, anybody working on any site shout have a white card and be covered by work cover,,it will fall on the main contractor to check if any of his subbies are covered by there own or on the builders ,
Related
8/09/2023
Can you cover up a window in a bathroom ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

No probs, thanks for the reply...

18/01/2024
What can I cover this with?

General Discussion

Excellent, thanks for the tip ... not in Sydney, but I might give the Dy Mark a try, cheers

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum