Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

3d contour mapping help

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, I just tried putting a contour map on to 3d mapping program (http://3dfmaps.com/ ) but failed sadly,as I don't know what I am doing lol, I wanted to see the land we have and the surrounding land to work out some stuff like house placement, driveways gardens etc. All I have is a screenshot of the land on listmap .Can anyone help me out with this?
Cheers Lorri
If you get it to show you a 3D version of your land is one thing but unless you have one of the programs that can import the resulting file like Autocad then placing your home, driveway etc onto it is going to be a moot point
A contour survey would give you most of the info and extrapolating it out to a 3D version is doable if you have a decent CAD program which is what you would need to do the rest of your landscaping for a 3D result.

Stewie
Thanks Stewie. Will have to settle for trying to get a 3d of just the land. Maybe there is a simpler program out there for me to try again.
Related
29/03/2024
Contour and indentifying survey cost - brisbane

General Discussion

Give "Holt Surveying" they are based around Eight Mile Plains

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum