Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

How much to replace kitchen cupboard door handles?

Page 1 of 1
I've seen some lovely door handles at Bunnings and they're only between $5 and $10 each. (satin chrome curved bar type things)

If I bought them, how much would someone (just a general handyman, or a cabinet maker or who would I get to do this?) charge to fit them and remove the existing (small white button knob) handles?
Do you mean you bought ones that have two holes to screw in, and only have one hole in the cupboard already?

Mmmm I'd have a go myself - not that hard. screw the first one in then mark on the cupboard where the second one sits then drill hole and screw second screw in.
grace_slick
I've seen some lovely door handles at Bunnings and they're only between $5 and $10 each. (satin chrome curved bar type things)

If I bought them, how much would someone (just a general handyman, or a cabinet maker or who would I get to do this?) charge to fit them and remove the existing (small white button knob) handles?

If you are going from a handle that has one fixing screw to two, the only problem you will have is with draw fronts, as the handles wont be in the centre if you use one existing hole

Bunnings have a markup of about 500% on some of their handles
And if you need longer screws than supplied, you will have to buy them separately
A handy man or cabinetmaker should be able to fit your handles for you
I carry a fixing box with all the available screws required

Kevin Brown
If you are going from a handle that has one fixing screw to two, the only problem you will have is with draw fronts, as the handles wont be in the centre if you use one existing hole

Oh yes there is that problen as well.
Related
26/04/2024
Overhead cupboard door size in Kitchen – which is better

Kitchen Corner

Bigger the better for storage for me IMO. But I guess it's harder to tell the cost/benefit in your example - mainly the 'cost'? If you go 700mm, what are you doing extra…

29/02/2024
handles not horizantal

Windows & Doors

Very small children, small dogs and cats

30/05/2023
Replace roof, raise wall height vs extend

Renovation + Home Improvement

ok thanks - yes was wondering if that should have been listed as Option Three!

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum