Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

open to the elements brickwall gap 30-45mm

Page 1 of 1
A side neighbour has a building brickwall which buts-up close to my townhouse external-double-brick-wall (they are an a higher ground level than me, by about 1 metre) My home was built around '85, and their brickwork doesn't look too old.

I was up on the roof today, and the vertical gap between our brickwalls is about 30-43mm, running a length of about 2.7metres.
I did notice that along the rear length of our brickwalls, some kind of flat tin covering strip has been placed over this gap.
The exposed gap is toward the front half of my house.

I have noticed some white efflorescence? markings running horizontally at what would be my neighbours ground level, on the inner face of a few bricks inside the garage wall, (the wall gap is on the other side of my brick garage).
I suppose that water is pooling somewhat at the bottom of this gap, and causing the horizontal white marking on my garage wall bricks.

Is there another solution to sealing up this gap, apart from placing some kind of similar tin? strip above?
e.g. a large diameter closed-cell 'backing rod' ? (The angle of this gap is about 5 degrees, rather than flat/horizontal, at this point)
Related
17/08/2023
Stairs gap

Building A New House

Got my stairs designed like this with 250mm Gap marked below. Gap is bec of 2 steps added between two landing area…

16/01/2024
Now It's 0.3mm Gap For Double Glazing. It beats all the rest

Windows & Doors

This is one of the reasons I decided to go overseas for my double glazed windows. As the builder indicated, he's worked on many upmarket builds, these were the most well…

2/02/2024
Gap between fence and retaining wall - unsafe space

Landscape & Garden Design

get some pool noodles and then bark mulch over the top

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum