Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Shed Contents Insurance

Page 1 of 1
I'm in a bit of an unusual situation, I own a rental property which has a large lockup shed on the block. I currently rent the house out but not the shed. I have sold my residential house and about to start building a new house; I was planning on storing my contents in the shed at my rental property but I'm unable to find anyone who will insure the contents of the shed. I currently have Landlords insurance on the rental property. Has anyone been in this situation?
I have my stuff in storage and it isn't insured

no one covers you when you have things in storage.
Gio covered my contents in storage. Maybe try them.
Some will do contents in storage, but must be designated storage facility, not just a shed on an existing property where you aren't currently residing.
Related
15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

14/06/2023
Lining Shed

General Discussion

Hi, I am sheeting the inside of a 5.7 x 8m shed with gyprock. Unfortunately the shed wasn't designed for internal cladding but I have been framing it up as strongly as…

12/07/2023
Soil against brick shed

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

I'm in WA and our sandy soils make drainage a bit easier but this is what I'd be doing. Dig down to your footings and let the wall dry out. Clean it all well by brushing…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum