Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Land Title

Page 1 of 1
Who's responsibility is it to inform the buyer that the land title will be issued or has been issued already? Assuming that the block of land isn't titled yet at the signing of sales contract.

Is it the estate and/or its sales agent or the buyer's settlement agent?

Appreciate receiving inputs.
Ours is about to title... we've received letters from Remax, who is the agent handling the land sale on behalf of the development. They also sent them to our conveyancer, who then called us to make sure we knew etc.
Thanks! So the agent should indeed inform the buyer after all.
In Qld the Seller must inform the buyer of title registration after it happens.
Assuming that you're buying new land with subdivision plans lodged with the titles office. The contract would be conditional on approval of he plans and you usually have 2 weeks from approval to settle.

When the plans get the approval from the titles office, the vendor's solicitor faxes the purchser's solicitor to notify of the approval and requirement to settle within 2 weeks. Your solicitor will then advise you.

The annoying part about new land, is that it often takes a long time for the approval, then by the time it is approved, the purchaser's finance approval has lapsed. So make sure that you keep on top of your broker or lending manager to make sure that your approval remains current.
Related
6/12/2023
Create of a restriction on the title

Building A New House

Flamingo Give me a call and I will do my best to talk you through it. For those who would like an answer, Subject to seeing your actual DA condition, I think you are…

31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum