Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Can't find water meter in new house! How deeply buried? etc

Page 1 of 1
Hey.

Recently moved in to our newly built house. Got a note from urban utilities today telling us that they couldn't read our water meter because it is buried and we had to read it ourselves and send them the numbers.

So I had a look at our plans, and I can see a "water tap / water valve" mark on the map which I assume is the water meter.

However, the first problem is that this square on the drawings is 2/3 under the concrete driveway. I assume it is not ACTUALLY under the driveway as that makes no sense.

Anyway, I lifted up turf along the driveway on the listed spot started digging. I've now dug out 2 full buckets of soil and still no sign of anything.

Before I continue wrecking my lawn, can someone please help me out on the appropriate digging technique. Like is it normally right under the grass or buried deeply? Also, how does this thing look like? Is it in a big box (like a telstra pit) or just a small exposed dial somewhere?

Google told me to turn on water and listen to it ticking, but I couldn't hear anything.
Call your builder. This is their problem. They can't leave your site with an inaccessible water meter.
Yeah, will contact them on Monday, but it's always such a pain dealing with them.

Good to know that it is their problem though, hopefully they won't try and put it on me to get it fixed.
Related
30/05/2024
I need the forum's help to find a new designer

Building A New House

I also notice that most the builds in Australia are really simplistic when it gets to the interior design and lighting design. Most of the builds are just offering off the…

21/02/2024
Meter box placed in Facade

Building A New House

Excellent contribution.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum