Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

A budget post, Reality, the tough Mistress

Page 1 of 1
I thought I'd start a post on the misery of Reality. My tough, tough mistress who keeps intruding on my plans.

Some of us are splurging on some things, others are penny pinching just to get there. What are you splurging on, what would you throw a $4k lotto win at? (just enough to spend, not enough to do anything serious) What fun thing are you spending extra on? (and what fun thing are you getting/hoping to get for nothing extra?)

I'm splurging on lawn. It's really hard to justify roll on lawn for me, because I know it only takes one good summer and you are there... but I'm paying for it to go down as a one day event. It feels wasteful (for me, an avid gardener), but necessary as I have two small kids.

I'm penny pinching on the fence - I can put anything I like up, but I can't decide what. It just has to be kid restraining... small climbing lock working kid restraining. Ideas?

$4k? Bricks to pave a path.
A nice reticulation system and garden beds should eat up that 4K pretty quick, but a nice spend for an avid gardener
Related
24/03/2024
The Reality of Being an Owner Builder in NSW

Owner Builder Forum

Being an owner builder is no walk in the park. It’s a challenging endeavour that requires dedication and hard…

6/07/2023
Renovation on a budget

Renovation + Home Improvement

Coming back to your old stomping grounds, huh? Renovations on a budget can be quite the journey. It's like giving your house a new lease on life. The twist of not knowing…

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum