Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Paint burnt roofing iron??

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, we have just bought a fire damaged house and will be renovating it on a tight budget. The fire was in one corner of the house and mainly in the lounge room area. The heat from the fire has stripped the paint of that section of the roofing iron and has turned it a blackish brownish colour. The roofing iron itself is quite old but still holds its shape well and looks in ok condition, except for the colour change.
My main question is this, can we treat the iron with some type of primer sealer paint and paint topcoat over or does the roofing iron need replacing. I would prefer to paint it if at all possible.
Thank you!
Related
5/12/2023
Ripple iron fence capping

General Discussion

We have a Victorian style ripple iron fence out the front that has some moulded timber capping. Probably 15+ years old and has cracked and splintered in parts...not really…

19/04/2024
Attaching roofing to brick

General Discussion

I plan on installing an undercover walkway (awning ??) from my carport to the back door as shown in sketch. I will be using Boxspan Beams and have no concerns regarding…

24/09/2023
Most affordable paint brand

General Discussion

Thank you. That is really helpful. Once we get the place done and passed for OC we can upgrade in the future once we get back on our feet and not paying mortgage and rent.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum