Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

What to do with side of my slab brick or render?

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

I am building a new home, the slab is double podded so it is quite high (approximately 700mm) because of minimum height requirement for my finished floor level because of a flood overlay on my land.

My concreter was useless and the sides of my slab are in and out because the formwork blew out. I have concrete panels in a rebate and I am not sure how to repair the sides of my slab so they can match the level of my walls. In some places the slab is 10mm under my walls and in others it is 30mm outside.

I have considered getting a concrete saw and cutting grooves in the side of the slab and knocking away the excess until it is 10mm underneath my walls then rendering or cladding it somehow and bringing the side of my slab out about 3 or 4 inches from the levels of my walls and angling the top down to let any water drain away from my walls.

I have no idea what would be the cheapest or the best way to achieve my aims.

If there is anyone here that could offer me some advice on the best course of action I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Koz12
Hi Koz... Is it possible for you to post a photo or two to show exactly what you're dealing with? Some of us are a bit thick... Or maybe it's just me.
Related
5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

14/09/2023
Bench top overhang on the side

Laundry

Thanks Ardo, they are sort of semi concealed. I think it is only a few millimetres. I see if they can adjust the hinges.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum