Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Garage Door

Page 1 of 1
Which one would you choose out of the ones listed below? Which one is more or less expensive? Does Timberlook cost more?

Colorbond Gliderol automatic Panel-Glide sectional door including Timberlook, Hampton, Tuscan or Oxford profiles?

Thanks
Both myself and my neighbor would not use Gliderol again because of their refusal to attend to warranty work.
Uncle Arfur
Both myself and my neighbor would not use Gliderol again because of their refusal to attend to warranty work.

What would you suggest instead (I'm in Perth)?

Can you tell what kind of door this is?
AubinGroveFan

That's a Timber insert door from Centurion Garage doors. You would need your builder to quote it, but I believe most low to mid end Perth builders would charge a few thousand more than a normal garage door because it is real timber infill panels, don't quote me on that though but it's probably one of the more expensive options available from them.
If you don't want to spend quite that much but like the timber look, you could go for Centurion's Daintree range which most builders would charge about $500-$1000 more than a standard door, it is metal but is painted in 3 colours which gives it a real timber look, plus you don't have the staining upkeep of a real timber door.

I personally only have experience with Centurion or B&D Doors, they are two of the main garage door suppliers/installers for Perth builders, perhaps check out their sites and see if something takes your fancy
CA3105
AubinGroveFan

That's a Timber insert door from Centurion Garage doors. You would need your builder to quote it, but I believe most low to mid end Perth builders would charge a few thousand more than a normal garage door because it is real timber infill panels, don't quote me on that though but it's probably one of the more expensive options available from them.
If you don't want to spend quite that much but like the timber look, you could go for Centurion's Daintree range which most builders would charge about $500-$1000 more than a standard door, it is metal but is painted in 3 colours which gives it a real timber look, plus you don't have the staining upkeep of a real timber door.

I personally only have experience with Centurion or B&D Doors, they are two of the main garage door suppliers/installers for Perth builders, perhaps check out their sites and see if something takes your fancy

Are there any disadvantages in having this door over the standard panel door I mentioned above?
Love the look of these doors, however how practical are they? Do they get too hot in summer?
I've just gone through a similar process and ended up choosing Centurion. I wanted to replace a Steel Line tilt panel garage door with timber look door. I got quotes from Centurion, Gliderol Steel Line and a few others. Centurion were the lowest cost. They also gave me a list of houses that had installed the same door, so I could drive by to make sure its what I wanted. Centurion was the cheapest, but it is a paint finish made to look like timber. You can pay a lot more and will maybe will get a better finish with other brands, but it was god enough for my purposes.
Related
26/08/2023
Dover white or surfmist garage door

General Discussion

Dover white or surfmist garage door. I am having trouble choosing a garage door. The outside of house will be tranquel retreat. I want it to all blend nicely however I…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/02/2024
Do I need a new garage door motor or I being scammed?

Windows & Doors

My garage door has started playing up recently. Sometimes (and getting more frequent) when I press the button to open it, it wont. The motor is an ATA GD0-6V3. Red and…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum