Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Removing stickers from merbau screen

Page 1 of 1
I'm building a merbau screen and every slat has a barcode sticker on it that won't peel off without leaving most of the sticker and residue behind. I have 30 slats. Can anyone recommend a quick and easy method of removing stickers from the wood without leaving residue, scratches or any other marks?
I'd also be interested in any thoughts on this - I had the same issue, but as I was building a box, I just put the sticker side on the inside. I found using a paint scraper (something like http://www2.blackwoods.com.au/infoBANKP ... &P=2028411) was quite good - however as the sticker 'under side' wasn't exposed the patch was noticeable after removing it. I guess when you stain you can add more stain to that section?
Hi toadstool,

the cheapest and easiest way to remove the sticky residue is with eucalyptus oil on a rag/cloth.

A tried and tested 'old fashioned' remedy that never fails, and shouldn't damage your merbau in any way.

good luck
Turps Is also good,

Would quickly clean entire piece of timber after you have managed to remove residue especially If you are using a clear finish!
After using the oil on the wood to remove the sticker don't forget to clean it with softer cloth. The cloth you are gonna use to clear the sticker should also be soft.
Related
28/07/2023
Removing items from contract

Building A New House

The best advice is for you to get a competent building consultant to guide you through your build

2/05/2024
Removing rust from steel i beams

General Discussion

thanks, yes they are dry , thats a good idea with fish oil as sanding will be hard

4/11/2023
How to remove the security screen (A&L windows)?

Windows & Doors

You have no photo with your post. Best I can say is to remove an A&L flyscreen don't be afraid to distort the frame almost like a trapezium. It doesn't take a lot of…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum