Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

AV Jennings

Page 1 of 1
Based on my experience with building our first home through AV Jennings, Adelaide, I advise others not to use them.
We have final handover in two days and will be relieved to have finished our dealings with them. As an example, they did not arrive for our pre-hand-over meeting last Monday...
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with them. At least you're nearing the end
Really?

That is disappointing.

Perhaps you need to let us know the outcome?
Hi Karooveld. we built with AVJ too , in victoria... very shocking experience... nearly 2.5 years ad still waiting for few things to be done from our 3 months maintenance. i called yesterday and found out the supervisor who was looking after it said all the work is finished when clearly it wasn't. and its not even a small job that it could slip their minds. They have to replace the kitchen benchtop. Whole building process was a heartache.
anny
Hi Karooveld. we built with AVJ too , in victoria... very shocking experience... nearly 2.5 years ad still waiting for few things to be done from our 3 months maintenance. i called yesterday and found out the supervisor who was looking after it said all the work is finished when clearly it wasn't. and its not even a small job that it could slip their minds. They have to replace the kitchen benchtop. Whole building process was a heartache.

No legal action.....
@ Eve Dweller

Not sure , if we can take any legal action. When i called AVJ, they apologized and said we will look into it and update me promptly. That was on thursday, haven't heard since then.
Hey anny,

We are currently have issues with AVJ building out at Freeling. I feel like I am bashing my head against a brick wall-literally

Did you have issues with the build? If so what are they?

ps. wish your thread was around to warn us 8 months ago
Hi ness ..will post in detail when i have some time...
may be tomorrow or monday for sure.
I wonder if the new devision of Seikisui Homes will eventually take over the AVJ brand to eliminate there bad reputation
We built our first home with AVJ in 1999 in qld they were fantastic, we sold the house in 2008 and when a moisture issue came in the building inspection they came out and resealed the shower.

Cheers Lou
well we have heard good things about Sekisui House, but I really think the issue is with the 'customer service' people we are left to deal with instead of talking to someone that actually knows what they are doing!! We have recently had a site meeting with the construction manager and he was fantastic!! and I can say the same for our sales rep!

Hopefully Sekisui House can turn AV Jennings around!
Our crap supervisor got the *** from our builder and went to AV Jennings, feel sorry for who gets him though in melb.
Apparently AV went broke and got bought out?? heard this from my carpenter brother who was looking for extra work and had framed some townhouses in North of melb for them..the townhouses were at frame stage for nearly a year to find out they went broke...
Never really been impressed by them
Is this what you're thinking of mak?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines ... 5878653884
Awww thanks for the article!! It must be the same as what I have heard, just never saw it in any journals to confirm
Related
You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum