Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Deadline for owner's works for OC

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

Just wondering what are other people's experiences with this. We got a letter from our PCA that we have 90 days to do some additional work (to comply with Council's approval conditions) and this starts counting from the Handover (I think).
I don't think we can make it
... so is it "normal" to ask for extension? Any experience with this?
Who should we approach re. this?

Also, what is the Council's involvement with this (if any)? (The Council were not the PCA)

Also, the builder's handover docos contained some "warning" that we might be charged (I guess by Council) if we don't comply within the timeframe (ie. if we don't get an OC). Who is it that would fine us - the Council or the PCA ... or ... ??

Cheers
Hi Lex,

We have an interim OC awaiting completion of owners works (landscaping and driveway) we were given 6 weeks from the date of issue. We requested an extension from our PCA (no dealing with Council required) by making a phonecall to the PCA - we will pay an additional fee (I think its around $150) to the PCA for the extension. The fine I think would be from Council for not complying with your DA/CDC if you haven't requested an extension. I think its pretty normal to ask for an extension and there generally isn't a problem providing that the delayed works are not impacting on the safety of the site.

Cheers
C
Hi C

Thanks for this! Wow, only 6 weeks - I'm finding that just to figure out what is it that we need to do is going to take that long, let alone getting quotes and doing the work!

Well, in the meantime I called the PCA and she did say that it's pretty normal and that people get even 6 months extension as normal. But she didn't mention any fees (and I forgot to ask) ...
Related
20/08/2023
Builder suspended works, demanding variations, cost increase

Building A New House

Fair Trading can issue orders to rectify and complete but once the matter goes to NCAT these orders are automatically vacated. You will have to terminate contract and sue…

5/09/2023
Missing works, retaining wall

Building A New House

Yes, the builder is required to finish the wall. What else have you missed?

11/09/2023
New Construction variations after completing works

Building A New House

I can help you with all that, you can PM me with details if you wish

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum