Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Unreliable Builders yet again!

Page 1 of 1
I am so fed up! Is there anyone else out there who is sick and tired of dishonest and unreliable builders?
Are there any builders out there who will will start a job when they say they will even with more than a months notice? Who will not postpone the job at the eleventh hour 5 times because they want to do something else that suits them, who will return phone calls within 2 days of you calling them. Who will not let your calls go through to voice mail in order to avoid you. And to not exploit vulnerable people. Who will consider people with major roof leaks an urgent job.
Sorry to hear about your troubles
I guess at least you have a forum to talk to people about your building problems with, I think many people are in the same situation here.

Not all builders are like that. Burbank have been great. I've been extremely surprised and I'm not easy to please. Apart from the admin part (slow) the building is just crazy fast and detailed. They start most things even before they say they will. I get calls answered, emails answered in minutes or hours..
Thanks Ibfragalot, I guess there is a huge difference between volume builders and independent builders.
The problem is they have 4 or 5 projects going at one time and a smaller job gets last priority. However, I gave 6 weeks notice...he chased my business and promised he would start on time...I had to beg my boss to let me have leave from work in order to get the renovation done...my job is not flexible and we are extremely busy at work...trouble is builders don't seem to respect their clients needs. Once he had won my confidence...he started treating me like crap...unfortunately it's true to say that builders are generally disrespectful people. I am sorry to say this but it is the truth and I am sick to death of them behaving this way...
Yesterday, I sobbed for 2 hours and I was despairing that yet another person in that industry has behaved this way...today I feel a little better but I am still angry...angry that that industry does not regulate or control these people effectively (rant finished)
Touch wood, I've had some great tradies on my site. Bought them lots of beers. But it has'nt blinded me to the fact that alot of contractors/tradies/builders are... hmmm yes well.... not going to win any awards for their contributions to society!!!
Hi Ibfragaolt, your comments ring true...I'm glad that burbank has treated you well..I guess a big company have good reputations to protect.

Thanks also Uncle Arfur...you're right about other 'suckers' waiting to be 'sucked in'...I think most people wouldn't have heard of these smaller builders.
Be careful what you say in threads like this folks.

Best to use the saying, "Keep your words soft and sweet, you never know which words you will have to eat"

Don't breach the user terms and conditions
Oh, it's OK Fu...I'm sure that you treat your clients properly.
I have the best builder in the world! I was so concerned about having all the problems you mention but our builder has been fantastic and our reno is progressing nicely. Not all builders are pain in the butt.
Biff Costanza, who are you building with?

I have my fair share of sad stories about tradies. Am venturing into building my first home.
After reading the many unfortunate experiences of others I am doing this with great trepidaton.
It seems a bit like trying to win the lottery getting a good and reliable builder.
Seems like it will only get worse now with the home builder's bonus that has kick started a rush of home buildings.

Last weekend, a few builders have informed me that there will be a price increase as of 1 September.
Seems like the tradies are demanding more money and guess who will bear the increase.
We get the 'Home Builder's bonus' in one hand only to have to give it away in the other because of the price increases. The merry-go-round starts again.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

30/08/2023
Builder has set mediation with Master Builders GC. Any tips

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thank you so much. This has been very helpful. We definitely wish to settle and get these people out of our life. They are trying to charge us interest on late…

19/09/2023
Perth premium builders

Building A New House

You could try Marc homes (Giorgi) and Urbane

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum