Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Ultimate customers- a question...

Page 1 of 1
When we went to handover last yr and going through the paperwork we were told that we had to give our roller door a 12month maintenance check. We were told that if we didnt get the check, it would be more costly to repair if something went wrong with it. We were then told that the check would cost about $50 and that would be a one off payment & check-up. Not sure if it also meant that the warranty was extended.

So 12 months comes around, DH rings up B&D, and lets them know that we want the maintenance check, as per what we were told at handover and the company have said its $165 to do, and we have to pay that every year that we get it checked.
We didnt have the above written down on any of our papers that I can see, but wanted to know if any Ultimate customers were told this as well?
Or any other people who have a B&D roller door, were you told this (or similar) at handover by your builder.
I am thinking that it is really not worth it to get it done now as its not what I was lead to believe.
Thoughts?
Can't help with your specific question re your builder's info, but we had a B & D roller door with remote for years at our old place (went in about '96, I think...? and we sold in '07) and never had it serviced, and we never had a problem...

I think it did need adjusting once.
But that was thanks to our kids chucking sticks around and playing with the remote.

If you want a service done, maybe contact a few other places and see what they charge? Lots of businesses supply and install B & D doors, so perhaps there's a cheaper option. Not sure how long your warranty is though, or whether you have to use a particular company to avoid invalidating the warranty....
monkeyupatree
I am thinking that it is really not worth it to get it done now as its not what I was lead to believe.
Thoughts?

For exactly the same reason, we did not pay the several hundred dollars after the first 12 months to get Termguard back to check on our termite protection system, only for them to potentially shortly after charge us several hundred dollars more to rejuvinate the system, and again in following years.

The payment is a joke. Your roller door will work perfectly for years. And our house is not about to fall down either.
we had a B&D roller door in our last house and only had it serviced when something went wrong, I think after about 4 years. This house we have the same brand door and wont be having it serviced every year. I cant remember what we were told at handover about it?
Sonya
Related
31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

20/07/2023
Gable Extension Ideas and Question?

General Discussion

I would say both styles you have pictured are steel. The lower chord of the first pic would be a massive lump if made using timber considering the size of the rafters. If…

7/08/2023
Acceptable wait time for email response to question from sma

Owner Builder Forum

how imperative is the timing of the answer?

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum