Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Is it worth bulldosing and building or getting a new package

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have any suggestions?
We need a bigger, newer house....
Should we consider knocking down our exsisting (perfectly fine) brick house because the land is big or search high and low to get a big block (which Ive noticed are sooo costly) and build as a package?
Im not sure if the cost would decrease if we use our exsisting land or if the cost and effort of demolishing our home would be so high leaving it a waste of money???
If anyone has a clue that would be great cos I am trying to weigh up all the options and find the most cost efficient way to go about getting a bigger house.....
Thanks.
would you knock down your current house entirely or just renovate and extend?
No I think Id start fresh and make everything new and in the set out I want. So Id rebuild completely.....

Thanks.
hmmm tough one, I guess it depends on your area and property values. If your current house is still in good condition I would probably say go in search for a big block and start from scratch. Unless of course your land value where you currently are is very high and offers fantastic views along with a rare and supburb location and sorounded by other new homes then go for the rebuilt.

Do your research and look at what other houses are selling for around your area and see if you would get your money back after building your dream home. You probably wouldnt want to sell once completed anyway but this would give you a bit of an idea if you are throwing money away or not.

Things can happen and the last thing you would want is a house that you have to sell that owes you $600k but only worth $400 to the market.

Hope that helps.
Related
3/05/2024
Seeking Advice: House and Land Package on Subdivision Proper

General Discussion

I'm based in Adelaide and I'm considering purchasing a house and land package from Weeks Homes. I found a deal that looks good, but there's a complication: the land isn't…

2/06/2024
House and land package Guidance

Building A New House

Hi everyone, I'm very new to the housing market and would appreciate any guidance. I have found what I think is a good land and home package. Marketed as "turnkey".…

28/09/2023
If a Builder is taking deposits and not getting DBI how can

General Discussion

Thanks. I called VBA today and they said it was a Consumer Affairs issue, the old handball. Seems like the government organisations don't want to do their job at the moment.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum