Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

scrap timber for boxing up a concrete slab

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
Looking for some timber (around 14m) to be used to box up the concrete slab for my garden shed. DOes anyone know where i can get disused timber from. Im dreading going to bunnings and having to pay for timber that will only be usable once.
Im located in Pakenham.

Thanks
Try a salvage yard
Or if you're in a new estate, have a scrounge around vacant blocks and rubbish skips. It's amazing what gets dumped.
demolition yard across the road from mega mart
Yep, if you are in a new estate with building going on, odds are there will be pallets ****** around. The timber is about the right height for a 100mm slab. I've four or five sitting in the backyard at the moment to be broken up for a slab.
Thanks for the replies. I did venture to the demolition yard across the road from mega mart. The gates were open but there was no one around. So I went for a drive around the new estates and found a tradie who was working on Saturday. He was happy or me to take any of wood in the scrap pile. Boxed up the area for my slab and poured the slab on Monday.
Shed going up this weekend.
Related
15/10/2023
Builder want us to scrap the land to soil

Building A New House

Sounds like rubbish to me. Ask for the contamination report which I doubt they have. If it's part of a normal subdivision it would have had a contamination report done…

6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

15/12/2023
New Concrete Slab extended exposure duration

Building A New House

yep, clearly mark where the infloor heating pipes are before drilling or nailing

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum