Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Possible to add gables on after roof is built?

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know if it is possible to add a gable after roof completion? I'm assuming that it would be pricey... I don't even know what kind of company would do this? Maybe a roof repair business?
Do you mean standard gables, or Dutch gables? I've seen the latter added pretty easily on home improvement shows. But I expect a straight-up gable would be more complicated.
A Dutch gable - at the top of the roof like this:

We have tiles which hopefully makes a positive difference!
Yup then, it can be done ....no idea what the cost is though. I can't find anything much at all via Google on the subject, but I definitely saw Dutch gables added to an existing tiled roof on BH & G or some similar show a few years back.

They made it look really easy.
Awesome! Thanks for giving me hope Kek
I think they are called scotch gables, where they are built over the existing structure
yes. it can be done
I don't get it - if you are building now, why wouldn't you just bite the bullet and do it now? Will cost a lot less that way. You are almost getting someone to do the work on your roof, then a few months down the track getting them to do it again.
The roof was already on by the time I had my gable brainwave

I've had one quote returned to me, and they mentioned it would be prohibitively expensive (in the region of $5000+)

So that kills that idea
next house I'll be a bit better prepared
Related
8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

31/01/2024
Is swimming pool cost effective to add value to new build?

Building A New House

The last home I lived in didn't have a pool and when i went to sell it the agents were not happy, even telling me to put one in to sell the place. The agents weren't happy…

4/03/2024
Does fibre glass pool add to the site cost

General Discussion

Approvals are covered in the cost we are paying to the pool company. The only thing stated in our home build contract for the additional cost is engineering support. …

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum