Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Do double storey houses need clearing the gutter?

Page 1 of 1
Our SIL house is a double storey, and seemed they don't need to clear the gutter ( at least for 2-3 years ).

We always had some problems of blocked gutter in the old house ( a split level one ). My husband always needed to spend some wkends clearing the leaves there because our house was surrounded by trees.

SIL's house didn't have that many trees.

Is that the reason for less maintenance?
By the way, if ppl needed to clean the gutter for the double storey, then owner needs to stand at least 4M or more up?
I don't think it matters if it's single or double but more so the trees that are nearby that could clog the gutters
Nott

By the way, if ppl needed to clean the gutter for the double storey, then owner needs to stand at least 4M or more up?

as stated depends on how many large tress you have around that will put leaves into it...

as for cleaning it if needed a full extension ladder is the trick or just pay a contractor to do it and then let him worry about being up that high.. I for one would be doing this.

these days you need to have a safety line/ fall arrestors/ PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) if you are above 1.8m I beleive...

and for the record they sometimes fail....
Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

28/03/2024
Full Brick Double Storey 38Sq House Price Estimated?

Building A New House

Hi Kristy Around $1.7-1.8m or around $4,600/sqm. if you PM me your email I will send you a break up in a spreadsheet so you can get an understanding of the costs for…

20/06/2023
Gutter cleaning tools for concrete tiled roof.

General Discussion

No, I even have sections of narrowness where the tiles won't slide up any further. When I manage some spare time, I might play around with the first DIY part of my…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum