Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

getting a large nature strip classified as a reserve

Page 1 of 1
hi
we live at the end of a court - there is, however, a really large nature strip that I am assuming that I am responsible for. This, obviously, is going to be very expensive to do something with - grass or rocks or whatever, and also, where does my responsibility end and my neighbour opposite start (they haven't even started building yet). A friend of ours has a smaller nature strip outside her house in a different estate, but it has been classified a reserve, and the council will maintain and develop it.
Where do i start in looking into this?
cheers
Chris
Start with your local council...

But for more feedback here, posting photos always helps
Then people know exactly what you're dealing with.
yeah - our council appears to be particularly useless ay not answering emails!!! will take a pic next time i am down there
Our local council is useless will emails, but very good face-to-face. Perhaps a visit to the front desk would be useful.
Hi guys,

My parents currently live in a court they're required to maintain the council 'reserve' nature strip, however they aren't allowed to plant or change the council planted tree without written permission from the council.

As we've bought our land in a court as well, we have a similiar situation except that the nature strip section is considered part of the 'common property' of the estate and as such is maintained by the owners corp.
That said as we're not allowed front boundary fences so without the deliniation we're in all likelyhood going to be responsible for maintaining it.

As the others said above, contact your council or owners corp (if applicable).
Also if you have a set of site drawings for the land it may also show whether your land encapsulates to the kerb or wether there is a nature strip set aside which is council or common property.
Related
23/01/2024
Strip drain

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone has switched from a small square tile insert or normal square waste to a strip drain at all, and if so did the plumber or diy-er…

2/07/2023
Ballpark figure to convert large WIL to small WC ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

consider putting in wall WC instead of robe in the same bedroom, then it might be doable to hook up to the existing piping.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum