Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Please help - How much did your SE Qld house extension cost

Page 1 of 1
and what did you do?
We are trying to decide whether the best financial decision is to extend or sell as the house size no longer meets our needs. Before we invest money getting drawings we want to get an idea of what a rough cost could be.
We wish to add an extra level on top of existing covered entertainment area (so minimal existing house structural strengthening should be required), within this will be large master bedroom, ensuite, wiw, and study. Internal stairs will be required within the existing house.
Just knowing what others have payed and what they did would be a huge help with knowing whether it is worth going to the next stage in considering this.
Would really appreciate any feedback whatsoever.
If we did go ahead with ours it would have been 118,000 , pretty much what you want do. Our house was on a hill. So for us it was sell move back to Melbourne and build here as it is cheaper than QLD.
Related
30/10/2023
Extension cost

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi Has anyone recently completed an extension in Melbourne. Any idea at what I'd be looking at for an extension of our living room (adding 4mx5m).

29/11/2023
Extension cost - $3500/m2 reasonable?

Seems good to me. I've been told $4-5k/sqm is reasonable in Perth.

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum