Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Roof restoration

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding roof restoration. We have a two story concrete tile roof and have had a couple of qoutes to restore the roof. Now my problem is the qoutes range from $3050 upto $6740. Do you really think there would by much difference between companies to warrant such differences in qoutes. Is there anything I should be wary of?Also do I have to have Safety rail put up around the roof while they are carrying out the work?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
A safety rail will need to be installed & this should form part of the quote.
If the firms are quoting on exactly the same work (& allowing for the same items such as site clean up etc then the prices should be similar)
when you receive a quote it ashould be detailed and not just "replacement of roof tiles" or the like. Larger firms may have bigger overheads ( & better buying power) but their prices should be competitive across the board. With such variations in price I would be looking at obtaining further quotes before making a decision.
Related
26/06/2023
Restoration of old cupboard

General Discussion

Hi I bought an old cupboard that is in desperate need of some TLC. I was seeking some advice as to the best product to use to give it an oil but also bring it to life a…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

23/02/2024
Am I too heavy for the roof cavity?

General Discussion

Firstly, if your house is still under builder's warranty (10 years in Victoria) you should have no need to crawl into roof space but let the builder handle it, unless you…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum