Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

HELP - Weakened Frame

Page 1 of 1
Hello

Someone has cut through part of the top of the support frame in a new house (follow link: http://s803.photobucket.com/albums/yy31 ... mview=grid). On the outter side of the support frame is the brick wall for the side of the house. The innerside of the frame will be a wall for the garage. Above this section of frame is the lower end of the roof. There is nothing but roof above that garage.

As you can see there there are no noggins in this section at present. Something needs to be done to reinforce ("tie together") the two studs given that the top has been weakened.

Does any have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Sorry, there arnt any pictures displayed.
I believe they do it that way so that the hoses you see can be hidden behind the gyprock. Structurally, I dont think it's a danger, unless the bit that's chipped off a bit actually goes all the way through, which you will have to ask your SS about.
Related
18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

6/03/2024
HELP! External Sheathing on a timber frame. Builder unsure?

Building A New House

Thanks Pulse, thats really helpful and very much appreciated. Also thanks for the pointer on sheathing, thats me watching too many american youtube videos!

15/01/2024
Is this a defect in my window frame?

Windows & Doors

Its the flashing and is normal. Some builders cover them up others just leave them handing. You can cover it up with an aluminium bracket or ask the builder.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum