Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Calling for all those interested in Scott Park Builders

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We are planning to build with SPH in Perth. Just needed some inputs from all of you who have built with or planning to build with SPH.

Can anyone share their experience regarding the contract document provided by Scott park homes. I would like to know if the contract can be altered or not. If yes are they flexible enough to do the changes. Request you to please share your experiences.

Thanks a lot,
ET
We're in the planning/finance stages of building with SPH.

I can't offer any advise on contract changes as we haven't made any. It's the standard HIA contract they use so I'm not sure how flexible they'll be.

What changes are you wanting to make?
Hi Rex,

I do not want to change standard contract conditions but was just pondering over these points -

1) Suppose if we decide to hire an external inspector, can this clause be accommodated in contract ?
2) If there are some issues noted by building inspector then how to get the builder to rectify them ?

These are some of the things I'd like the contract to take care of. Sorry if my earlier post caused any confusion.

Thanks,
ET
ethomas09
Hi Rex,

I do not want to change standard contract conditions but was just pondering over these points -

1) Suppose if we decide to hire an external inspector, can this clause be accommodated in contract ?
2) If there are some issues noted by building inspector then how to get the builder to rectify them ?

These are some of the things I'd like the contract to take care of. Sorry if my earlier post caused any confusion.

Thanks,
ET

Have you asked someone from SPH these questions?

If there are issues picked up by a building inspector then the builder would be bound to fix them, especially breaches in the building code. They do after all require your signature to receive their progress payments as the house is built

For what it's worth, we're currently awaiting our final plans before we go to scheduling. I have been very happy with SPH so far - our initial sales consultant and our pre-start consultant have been very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
I built with SPH, and moved in last October. The sales person and pre-start consultant were excellent as you have also found, but unfortunately, that's where the customer service ends.

I could go on and on and on, but I would never recommend SPH to any of my friends. It has been nearly 12 months since we moved in, but still we are waiting for the 6 month maintenance issues to be dealt with.

The customer service with SPH seems to be only in the initial stages (after you have signed and cannot go back!)

But, to answer your question, I didn't try to alter any contract details, but we did make a few changes, such as wanting Midland Brick instead of Austral, and that change alone cost 2K.....they are very costly with any changes you want to make.

Hopefully they have pulled their socks up in the construction department and I hope that you don't have the same tradesmen we did...it took 3 months to have the bricks completed!
Related
8/02/2024
Survey for those who built recently, building now or soon

Building A New House

https://form.jotform.com/240284569218058 Please spare a moment to fill out this survey form for a project. You stand a chance to win a digital gift voucher. Legitimate…

8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum