Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Cost of Garden Gnome?

Page 1 of 2
While I was doing our walk-thru today my DS (2.5) wandered next door and knocked over and broke a garden gnome! (ok, stop laughing, lol).

Anyway I left a note (as there was no-one home) taking responsibility and offering to replace/compensate our neighbours for their loss
. So I'm wondering if anyone can guesstimate how much I am up for? From what I could see (from the pieces) it was a pretty standard 'garden variety' garden gnome, lol. TIA.
enigma_brennan

Anyway I left a note (as there was gnome-one home) taking responsibility and offering to replace/compensate our neighbours for their loss
. So Gnome I'm wondering if anyone can guesstimate how much I am up for? From what I could see (from the pieces) it was a pretty standard 'garden variety' garden gnome, lol. TIA.

I don't gnome
I think they are pretty common in the $2 shops like crazy clarks.
-Sha
Yeah they're not very expensive. Ranging from $2 - $10 at bunnings. If only more people where like you! They'd most likely be grateful you let them know what happened and offered to pay but I'd be very surprised if they knocked on your door demanding $2 for the gnome.
Thanx Fu, I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist- just didn't gnome whom,
!

Timmy and sha, thanx also, I was hoping they were cheap; now just hoping it has no sentimental value - should find out tomorrow.
Fu Manchu
enigma_brennan

Anyway I left a note (as there was gnome-one home) taking responsibility and offering to replace/compensate our neighbours for their loss
. So Gnome I'm wondering if anyone can guesstimate how much I am up for? From what I could see (from the pieces) it was a pretty standard 'garden variety' garden gnome, lol. TIA.

I don't gnome

hahahahaha

only a couple of bucks at bunnings. i bought one as a joke for my boss and it was $4 i think...its nice of u to leave a note!
Well that will be their neighbor for a while so you dont want to get off on a bad foot!
enigma_brennan
While I was doing our walk-thru today my DS (2.5) wandered next door and knocked over and broke a garden gnome! (ok, stop laughing, lol).

Anyway I left a note (as there was no-one home) taking responsibility and offering to replace/compensate our neighbours for their loss
. So I'm wondering if anyone can guesstimate how much I am up for? From what I could see (from the pieces) it was a pretty standard 'garden variety' garden gnome, lol. TIA.

You know it's not going to be that easy. Gnome people are strange (apologies to any gnome people out there), so no doubt that particular gnome is going to have some story attached to it and you are going to have to listen to the neighbours tell you the whole story. Don't forget the special bond you are always going to have with them for replacing the gnome. So even though it may only cost you a few dollars to replace that gnome, I'm seeing you pay a much higher price over the years.

Or luck could be on your side, some family member might have given them the gnome, they may hate it but feel obligated to have it there and you may have done them a big favour. They can now say the neighbours broke it, what a shame. Here's hoping this will be the case. Good luck.
Hey you could find some here maybe

http://scooptraveller.com.au/index.cfm/ ... ing/13660/

There's an Australian gnome convention

http://australiangnomeconvention.com.au ... ontent.htm
Just when you think nothing can surprise you, Gnomesville. It's too funny.
Her GNOME is probably from another part of the world, one of a kind, worth kazillions.

Hey, I want one of these on my wheelie bin, aren't they gorgeous !!

or maybe not.....
Helyn
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/nurselovescoffee/wheelie-bin-gnomes.jpg

Hey, I want one of these on my wheelie bin, aren't they gorgeous !!

or maybe not.....

i bet you within a week someone steals it
My dads aunt had a gnome and it got pitched.. a few mths later she got a letter from London... Then about a year later she got another letter from a different country.. with the gnome in the pics that were sent. May be you should have just took off with him and wrote letters of a run away Gnome. Telling them that he ran away cause he didn't like the neighbours, or cause the cat peed on it
photogirl
My facebook pic is from gnomesville.

it's not too far from me. Our local nursery sells a huge range of them for those who don't bring one with them. When my youngest's friend came to stay last year we went and bought them one each to take there for a visit( stay) lol kids wanted one as a keep sake as well. arghh. thank goodness they were only minature ones.

kexkez
photogirl
My facebook pic is from gnomesville.

it's not too far from me. Our local nursery sells a huge range of them for those who don't bring one with them. When my youngest's friend came to stay last year we went and bought them one each to take there for a visit( stay) lol kids wanted one as a keep sake as well. arghh. thank goodness they were only minature ones.

I'm sorry, that's just scary. It's worse than antique dolls and they are mega creepy.
yup creepy and odd it is. we did it as a bit of a laugh and for the novelty effect. kids loved it. It's not somewhere we are likely to go again. the mini one they kept is all of 10 cm tall. not garden size.
I had a house in Chatswood (Sydney) and I had the Seven Dwarves gnomes. $2 each from The Two Dollar Shop.

One or two would stolen every friday night.

One day we got a ransom note. Then we started getting photo's of the Dopey hanging over a bridge, being surrounded by three guys in black balaclava's holding water pistols, buried in sand with an inflatable crocodile and in a pot of water on a BBQ. They wanted a pack of Tim Tams for the return of Dopey.

he came back with band aid blind folds and string around him as if his hands and feet were tied.

It was pretty funny over the course of a week.
Data guys, that is so funny

There seems to be a whole cult out there of kidnapping gnomes and then sending the owners photos of them on holidays, have heard of a few incidents of this but yours is the first of a ransom
Related
1/03/2024
Native garden plans

Landscape & Garden Design

Fig Landscapes has produced an e-book and native plant index, available for purchase from their website. It's a great resource, full of inspiration and tips. Another…

27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum