Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Has anyone dealt with HomeExcellence or Cheviot homes?

Page 1 of 1
Hi, i'm looking to build a new house and have been doing extensive research. I've come across a company called homexcellence which uses a building company called Cheviot homes. I'm wondering if anyone has had anything to do with any of them or built with them particulary the house known as Bellevue?

Thanks
Haven't dealt with Cheviot personally, although we did have a look at their display in Pakenham. From memory they offer 9' ceilings as standard.

I know a couple of people who have built with them a couple of years ago and I don't think they had any major dramas.
I acted as Sales Manager for Homexcellence so take this for what it's worth as now I work in opposition to them.

I rate Cheviot as a fantastic builder and once lived in their ex-display home and my wife still berates me for not buying it rather than spending an extra 100k to build our dream home in Berwick as opposed to staying in Pakenham.

I found Cheviot were very cheap in East Gippy areas as the larger builders were charging high cartage and as they were based in Pakenham as a 30-or-so-per-year builder were very cost competitive for a smaller builder.

The Bellevue is / was their best seller and in actual fact was an original design from Avonwood Homes which the copyright was onsold to Homexcellence as they bought the old display in Hallam. There in actualy fact several built in my court in Bryn Mawr, Berwick and just around the corner, all bought by British immigrants!

I built a 37 square house (incl. garage and alfresco) with a Hotondo builder and could've got the Bellevue 43 square for around 40k cheaper at the time, without any discounts! I regretted not building the Bellevue and I love the design and layout except for the loungeroom at the time which I would've increased to make a nice home theatre but I think the current Bellevue may have worked out that problem? I haven't seen the design since it was built at Lakeside so I'm not sure whether that's an issue?

So there it is, I now work in opposition but highly recommend the builder and the design!
Pete1
Hi, i'm looking to build a new house and have been doing extensive research. I've come across a company called homexcellence which uses a building company called Cheviot homes. I'm wondering if anyone has had anything to do with any of them or built with them particulary the house known as Bellevue?

Thanks

Hi, did you end up building with Cheviot?
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum