Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

pergola building

Page 1 of 1
hi i am currently about to start a pergolla project. i am a little confused on how the timber frame of the pergolla will be fixed to the existing metal facia panel on the home. is there special brackets?
depends on your truss's as to how to attach it

if you are attaching it to your house do you really want to build it your self if you dont know what your doing

imagine a massive storm and the pergola collapsing because it hasnt been constructed correctly or have it fail and kill someone

thats why building codes, building licences, engineering specs and permits etc are there
Your off to a bad start if your thinking of attaching it to metal fascia.
Uncovered decks are relatively easy for the novice builder, a pergola on the other hand needs a reasonable amount of building knowledge, as davinci said the downside to poor construction can be fatal
At the very least pick up the "Deck and Pergola" book by Allan Staines from Bunnings - it has a wealth of info on specifications, construction methods etc, which should reduce your chances of building a death trap. Also suggest getting onto *.com.au for more detailed help.

Good luck!
Attaching to the metal fascia can be done only if there is solid nogging permanently fixed in behind for fixing your brackets to. Being a structural element you will need to submit your plans to council for approval. If you decide to sell you will need the approval anyway.

Regards

Paul
Related
21/06/2023
New Pergola

Outdoor Living

Is there a building permit? RU in Victoria? What is the value of the building contract?

29/10/2023
Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Outdoor Living

About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0…

27/02/2024
Seeking advice for a backyard sunroom with a pergola/veranda

Renovation + Home Improvement

i think option 2 is much better with easy access to the garden without having to walk through the new sunroom which makes it a better room for guests and TV .a simple…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum