Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

thinking of an extension?

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I'm wondering if I can get some advice. We are thinking about the possibility of renovating but have no idea how much it might cost. All I'm really wondering is a ballpark figure..in terms of tens of thousands. We have a smallish 3 bedroom house in outer east Melbourne and would like to:
add a bedroom (this would be the only actual external piece of extension)
convert existing kitchen into small study
create a new kitchen in the current living area (this would be on the opposite side of the building where there is currently no existing plumbing)
open up existing bedroom to create larger living area

I imagine the kitchen would be the biggest expense so I'll give a little more detail. We would need new dishwasher and stove, and could re-use existing sink, fridge etc. We would need new cabinets and benchtops. Obviously new plumbing, electricity and gas connections. All the other plumbing in the house can stay as is.
We would want to knock down a couple of internal walls and add a couple.
We would plan on doing all the tiling, painting ourselves, but would want to hire for pretty much everything else.

Can anyone give me any sort of idea or is this too difficult to do?
Thanks
Related
18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum