Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Raising and building under a Queenslander

Page 1 of 1
Hi

We are wanting to raise and build under our Queenslander. It is a lovely house but just to small! It has 2 bedrooms, study, family room, dining, lounge and kitchen. all which have been renovated already.

We are wanting to put in 3 bedrooms, bathroom, laundry and kids play area to open out onto a plunge/lap pool. We also need some car accomodation.

Under the house it is almost legal height and it has a concrete floor and already has a toilet and laundry in it (just a bit old and yuck
)

Has anyone had any experience doing this type of reno? I have read some posts in here but mainly are about owner/builders and we are getting a builder to build for us.

We are on a busy road too
Related
31/01/2024
Building defect - sill flashing under window on concrete sla

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

There doesn't look to be any rebate in the slab to prevent water from scooting under the window. AS4654 is the Australian standard to look at/refer to. They have…

12/06/2023
Driveway works under a CDC

Renovation + Home Improvement

I want to build a bigger driveway (without a nature strip) than has been approved under my CDC. I’ve also had a DA approved to build a deck. It looks like I can do this…

22/06/2023
Joists under shower tray

General Discussion

Hi All, about to commence a bathroom renovation and need some advice on subfloor works. Current subfloor is hardwood T&G floorboards on 90x45 joists, but intention is to…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum