Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Brimbank Gardens, Derrimut VIC

Page 1 of 50
Hi everyone,

for the Brimbank Gardens lot buyers:
How long did you have to wait before the titles are issued?

Just wondering if the titles are issued on time...
reaver
Hi everyone,

for the Brimbank Gardens lot buyers:
How long did you have to wait before the titles are issued?

Just wondering if the titles are issued on time...

From what I know when I spoke to the sales agent/project manager along with what I read from a someone who works with a developer here - almost never. I would add 3-6 months on the date they say if you are looking to sign a contract with a start date.
I'm resurrecting this old thread since I have a question for those building in Brimbank Gardens or those who bought land from Peet.

Our land purchase comes with free garden landscaping from Peet and one of the conditions for this freebie is to have a PVC stormwater pipe under the driveway offset by 4 meters from the front of the garage.

I just want to know if people included this in their building plans and the approximate cost. Also, will having a PVC stormwater pipe on the driveway before paving takes place will cause any issues?
reaver
I'm resurrecting this old thread since I have a question for those building in Brimbank Gardens or those who bought land from Peet.

Our land purchase comes with free garden landscaping from Peet and one of the conditions for this freebie is to have a PVC stormwater pipe under the driveway offset by 4 meters from the front of the garage.

I just want to know if people included this in their building plans and the approximate cost. Also, will having a PVC stormwater pipe on the driveway before paving takes place will cause any issues?

I got the same question too.. and still looking for answer.... looking forward for anyone who had the experience...
I just signed a contract with Peet to purchase land. They said verbally that they aim to get the titles across in December but the contract says they can issue it anytime within 18months. So who knows when it will get titled!

Just some questions:
1) What are the processes they go through to delay them soooo looong, sometimes over a year? slack?

2) I hope to receive the First Home Owners Boost on top of the Grant. So am i correct to say that i should be eligible if:
* I sign a building contract very late June and in that contract it states the intention to build early Jan? that is still within the 28weeks build time.
However in the case the land title gets delayed till say June 2010 and therefore Build start will now be Jul - i should still be eligible for the Boost because it was an unforseen circumstance beyond my control. (from the SRO website).

Is my reasoning on the FHOG true or am i totally wrong?
Thanks for your advise.
JR
To answer you about why it takes so long for Brimbank Gardens - it's because the estate is over in the west and they have to deal with an entrenched labor Brimbank council, the most hopeless, useless wastes of space you could ever find.

http://www.vic.greens.org.au/front-page ... nk-council
Hi,
We put down a deposit for land in Brimbank Gardens in Jul 08 contract title date Jan 09. The land actually titled 06 April 09.
Yes in the contract they can take up to 18 months for titles after the contracted.
date.

PD homes allocated us a start date of 24 April, however just got an email saying the developer says it will take longer as waiting for council approval. Now back to 15th May.

Cheers
OutofArica
Hi OutofAfrica, at which stage of the estate did you buy? I'm just curious to know if ours will be next.
Hi Reaver,
Purchased in 29B. Went to the block last weekend and the works behind the PD display homes looked well underway. We recieved a letter from the developer when all the works had been completed and it took about 3 weeks after that for the registration.

Our site costs were 15K, orginally 12K but after second soil test we needed to upgrade the slab and add piers. We had fill and they hit rock.

Which release did you purchase in?

Cheers,
OutofAfrica
We are at stage 30A1 and it looks like we're next since you've already received your titles. We went there yesterday and saw a lot of work going on at our stage. It looks like they might meet the date they gave us seeing that they were working during the weekend.
Excellent, fingers crossed. From the plans on the website, most of the releases will be titled in June. The last few months are toture as you want it to happen quickly.

Who are you building with?

We are building the Devonport 29 with PD homes. Everything has run smoothly so far.
Hi guys,

How much cost and type of slab you guys been advised by the builder for stage 29?
My builder advise me that we have to go with P class, is it what is suppose to be?

Regards,
N_D
Hi,
In 29b our site costs were $15,531 which includes $1989 to upgrade stormwater under future driveway.

It is a "H" class waffle foundation system and include piers.

The site was classified as "H-D".
Cheers
OutofAfrica
Hi OutofAfrica,

I just went to my builder this morning, and I've been advised using the P(H) class slab with cost about $26,000.+
I was surprised with the amount they come out.

This what they have been quoted to me:
Provide class P(H) slab $3,879
Additional bulk concrete required for deepened edge beam, to achieve founding depth $8,675
Labour for deepened edge beam $434
Provide suspended slab including addtional deepened internal beams $5,094
Excess soil from footing excavation to be removed from site $1,560
Provisional allowance for associated rock $5,616
Builder's margin for provisional allowance for associated rock $1,404

But they gave me the option to go for a second soil test with free of charge which definitely I took.
Hope the second soil test bring a better figure to my pocket.

May I ask you which street is your lot OutofAfrica?
Mine is on Queensberry drive

Regards
N_D
Hi N_D,

No problems, we are very close on Sudley Rd, our block size is 559m2.

Originally our site costs were 12k in our tender. They did the second soil test and increased to the 15.5K.

Who are you building with?

Cheers,
OutofAfrica
I'm building with H3nley.
So far so good, and I think I'm ahead from what I have expected before.
If site cost won't be a burden for me, site might start early or mid June.

I'm wishing and hoping the site cost will reduce and no problem toward the site start.

Cheers,
N_D
Hi,
Does anyone know what is the minimum setback required in Brimabnk Gardens....Is it 3 m or 4m
Its 5M Im pretty sure
i dont think it's 5 m......i m talking about setback to constrct the house......i think its 4 m.......i remember geraldine mentioning 3 or 4 m
jasmine_gill
Hi,
Does anyone know what is the minimum setback required in Brimabnk Gardens....Is it 3 m or 4m

Average of both sides or 9m which ever is less http://www.brimbank.vic.gov.au/Files/Dw ... ldings.pdf

or 4 or 6m if no houses on either sides
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum