Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Does fibre glass pool add to the site cost

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We are doing a new build in the western suburbs of Melbourne and would like to get a pool in before the build starts.

The pool is 3m away from alfresco and 1m from the back fence.
We are already paying for P slab, but our builder is adding 5k extra to site cost stating additional foundation engineering support.

Our pool supplier/builder reckons there should be no cost considering the pool is 3m away from the house.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?
Do you think if it is better to do a pool after handover to save this site cost? Curious to know what else we're trading off by building later in terms of house engineering support.

building a pool after the house is never a better idea. Owning and maintaining a pool is also not a cheap exercise.. so if you are scrounging around trying to save $5k, i'd reconsider the pool.
I'm not saying that the extra 5k is justified but what about the extra $$ for approvals etc? I'm thinking that the builder is adding in an extra buffer to cover themselves financially if something extra pops up.

Regards
MarkusjOZ
I'm not saying that the extra 5k is justified but what about the extra $$ for approvals etc? I'm thinking that the builder is adding in an extra buffer to cover themselves financially if something extra pops up.

Regards

Approvals are covered in the cost we are paying to the pool company.
The only thing stated in our home build contract for the additional cost is engineering support.
This is a sleeper pool so we will be paying 2k for cover and 1k approx for temp fencing.

We have been told by people who have got a spleeper pool installed in the same suburb a week ago, that their builder didn't charge them xtra for sitecost.

Hence, we are trying to challenge the xtra 5k.
Related
31/01/2024
Is swimming pool cost effective to add value to new build?

Building A New House

The last home I lived in didn't have a pool and when i went to sell it the agents were not happy, even telling me to put one in to sell the place. The agents weren't happy…

13/02/2024
Fixing to inteternal fibre cement wall

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

All my inside walls are Fibre Cement & House has Steel frames... Tricky when one wants to hang pictures or do Wainscoating Paneling up the hallway. Those little nail…

2/03/2024
Site cost for a battleaxe plot

Building A New House

Thanks for the insight! My plot is a new development so hopefully I won't have too much problem during build as everyone should be roughly building together. I also…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum