Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Door jambs

Page 1 of 1
Hi
Do you counter sink your screws threw the face of door jambs this carpenter did this to our new extention door jams and our big jarrah window is this right

looks like it is done properly, are you in a cyclone area? Some carpenters don’t get this right, your’s is great, harder to patch but super strong.
All good. It's only paint grade so you can easily fill the heads.
Back in the day they'd just use 3" nails to fix the frames. The bugle head screws will be strong and prevent movement.
The only other option was to have fitted the frames before wall linings went on then they could have fixed from the inside back into the frames. But it won't make any difference either way
Pulse
looks like it is done properly, are you in a cyclone area? Some carpenters don’t get this right, your’s is great, harder to patch but super strong.

Hi
Ok.
Thankyou for that
No we are in a Bushfire zone area out west in Perth region
Ta
Beb
chippy
All good. It's only paint grade so you can easily fill the heads.
Back in the day they'd just use 3" nails to fix the frames. The bugle head screws will be strong and prevent movement.
The only other option was to have fitted the frames before wall linings went on then they could have fixed from the inside back into the frames. But it won't make any difference either way

Hi
Thankyou

Yes he shld of done it from the inside before the frames and wall lining went in
Won't make any difference ok 👌
Will take your ad advice
Thankyou very much really appreciate the comment

Ta
Beb
Related
12/04/2024
Can you use plasterboard for window jambs, reveals, sills?

Windows & Doors

Plasterboard Gyprock is very popular as a reveal liner these days. You need to provide a way of supporting it, we use a modified timber reveal or bracket. You will be…

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum