Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Fabrication Cost For Stone

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

We are now getting some quotes for our stone bench tops from various stone masons and we're being quoted on the slab cost plus fabrication cost and then install.

Not sure if that is normal?

If so, keen to hear everyone's experience with fabrication cost, we are being quoted $2000 - $2800 + GST for fabrication along and then plus installation cost.

Thank you.
Is it a vanity or an entire house of stone benches. Is it 20mm or 30mm or 40mm. Are there mitred edges or specific edge treatments.
These type of questions are so vague that they are impossible to answer and any answer will not be usable.

Some stone masons will just give you an all in price while others may break it down as you have found. Ultimately unless you are going to try and install it yourself it's irrelevant how it's priced , it's simply the bottom line that matters.

Get 3 quotes and compare, it's the only way to get a true price comparison.
Hi Chippy,

Apologies for the missing information, late night

To answer your question, we are looking at 60mm mitred edges and it will be for the kitchen using quartz Ceaserstone for a U shape kitchen that's around 3000mm x 60mm x 2 sides of the bench plus 835mm x 3800m (island attached to one of the 3300 x 60mm) involving two cut outs - one for sink and one for a 900mm stove. There's also 20mm thick splash back which is reasonably straightforward for 2 sides wth 2 power outlet cutouts.

I will definitely get a few quotes today in addition to the current one I have and see where we land. But to think that labour and delivery along is costing well over $15k it based on the fabrication + delivery + install cost it's certainly adding up.and the last time I installed a stone bench top it didn't come anywhere near as this (last kitchen reno was in 2021), granted it was 40mm mitred edge and not 60mm.
the reason slabs are included in the quote is because often the offcuts from jobs are not usable for other jobs. When youre ordering a small job, there *may* be some cut sizes that the the mason can use to complete your job.

Think of it this way, you go grocery shopping. your recipe calls for half an onion, you still have to buy a whole one.
Related
3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

10/12/2023
Small black specks appearing on new white Caesar Stone

Kitchen Corner

Thankyou for your advice. We do have Caesar coming out and hopefully resolve the issue for us.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum