Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

garagae door

Page 1 of 1
Hi
New here.

I purchased a house with 2 single garage doors.

The centre pillar is as if there are 2 as 1 sits proud of the other - see picture

Is there a way it can be made into 1 door and any idea if this will be a costly thing to do.

Thanks in advance for any help
Looks like its two separate lintels so it would take rebuilding the front of the garage to put a single door in.

In my opinion you are talking a lot more money than simply buying a bigger garage door.
Hi Bashworth,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I thought this may be the case and appreciate you confirming that it really would not be a smart choice unless I was rich - which I am not so I will leave them as they are.
Many thanks and Happy Holidays to you.
Related
26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

20/07/2023
Double door frame size

General Discussion

Current door width is approx 2700, looking to have double doors fitted 820-820. What size does the frame need to be before door jamb? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum