Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

New development overlooks into my yard

Page 1 of 1
There is a new development behind my house, it
is a 7 unit multi dwelling development.

They are starting to put the framing up, and we have just noticed that the back unit will be very close to the back boundary and have way higher walls than our fence, possibly have windows looking into our backyard.

Is there anythiny I can do at this point, doesn't seem like it should be allowed. I have contacted council an they have said that since the application went through a certifier, its out of their hands.
cant se a single window framed out in that wall. Should be fine. In any case, there are requirements around distances from boundary and frosting windows that overlook livable rooms of neighboring properties. outsid eof that, theres very little say you have in this. Expect mor eof it over the coming decades.
Plant some bamboo along the fenceline
Related
30/06/2023
Certifier and the Brisbane development website

Building A New House

Hi, does anyone have a clue how the Brisbane Development website work in terms of how uptodate the dates on it are (developmenti.brisbane.qld.gov.au). I transfered…

31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

5/09/2023
Changing a window to a door - DA vs complying development

General Discussion

Hi All, I'm new here! I'm in a block of 4 apartments (Waverley council) and looking to change a window to a sliding door. The window faces an enclosed garden (with a…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum