Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

New house colour is wrong!!

Page 1 of 1
Would love some advice please!
We engaged colour consultant, took time to get samples and paint on the walls etc. but now the colour is going on the house, it looks completely different.
House was originally salmon coloured with bright turquoise trim Mediterranean style on the beach.
To go with more coastal theme, we chose Dulux Vintage Beige, white polar half for soffits, with Surfmist for new roof sheeting, guttering and fascia in colorbond ultra which has limited colour range. We were also going to get a feature stone wall cladding ‘Elowan’ by Arlo stone.
Unfortunately the Vintage Beige just looks like cream or pale lemon in the full sun(which our house sits) and will clash with stone wall cladding.
plus the house next door is mustard yellow with a grey/blue trimwhich I think is having an impact.
I’ve lost trusting my judgement and not sure if I repaint house in Dune whether it will work or should I just get used to colour?
Thanks in advance as I’m a newbie to this kind of thing!

welcome to learning that colours vary in different lighting conditions.
Related
26/07/2023
Builder used the wrong concrete mix

Building A New House

there is only 20% difference in concrete strength between 20 mpa and 25 mpa, so check with your engineer first if it fits his calculation tolerances. There are ways to…

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

13/05/2024
Building a boundary house - up against neighbours house

Building A New House

Good on you for having a go I am the opposite of DIY (so will pay a builder) - our vibe is industrial/simple so current thinking is 150mm concrete and then internally is…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum