Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

Page 1 of 1
Hi team,

Doing a budget reno of the kitchen before eventually (couple of years from now) doing a full kitchen reno.

The kitchen area is tiled, but tiles are cracked and grout is a little flaky in some spots.

I'm wondering what would be the best approach to level out these cracks/grout lines prior to placing down vinyl, at this point was just thinking a vinyl roll (~1.2mm thick).

I've looked at levelling compounds but not sure how messy / runny the liquid would be as I want to avoid it dropping flowing off the lip of the kitchen and onto the wood of the dining area. The tiles are level already just the grout and cracks need to be levelled. Any suggestions or other products out there that I should look at?

Thanks!
Reg
Could I get away with some quick set concrete?
Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor
Related
9/02/2024
Inquiry regarding kitchen vinyl wrapping costs

General Discussion

Hi, I am in the process of planning to start a kitchen vinyl wrapping business in Auckland, and I am seeking information regarding the average costs for the installation…

22/04/2024
Floating floor boards over slate tiles

General Discussion

To put anything over slate you will need to put self level compound over the entire area as slate various in thickness and is very un even. To install most types of…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum