Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

CDC Corner Balcony Size

Page 1 of 1
Dear all,

Requesting your help in relation to a CDC code.

We are building a new home in NSW on a corner lot (500m2, 15m wide) following Greenfield CDC code. Our design includes a corner balcony size 20m2 along primary road (setback 4.5m) and secondary road (setback 2.6m). It is more of a terrace and entirely sits above living rooms below.

The Greenfield CDC clause 3C.14 (3) states that “The total floor area of all attached side or rear balconies, decks, patios, terraces…. within 6m from a side or rear boundary…must not be more than 12m2.

We are thinking that since our balcony is front facing and not entirely falls under “attached side balconies” category, the above clause and 12m2 restriction may not be applicable to us. Can someone please help confirming this requirement? Our builder is not sure about this and says may be ok. We really want to confirm this before submitting to CDC.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Many thanks.
Related
12/06/2023
Driveway works under a CDC

Renovation + Home Improvement

I want to build a bigger driveway (without a nature strip) than has been approved under my CDC. I’ve also had a DA approved to build a deck. It looks like I can do this…

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum